Full Stack Architect
GALE helps brands solve complex challenges through our integrated consultancy and agency offering. Headquartered in New York with offices in Toronto, Singapore and Bangalore, our teams are connected by a set of core values that inform everything we do, from how we hire to how we work together: values like Everyone Matters, No Silos, and Masters of Our Craft.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
You’re comfortable working in an agile environment, using test-driven development, automated testing suites and continuous integration. You’re comfortable using industry standard development tools like GitHub and JIRA. You’re as comfortable working with clients, business strategist and designers as you are working with hard-core techies. You love delivering innovation and creating applications for high-profile clients.
What you will do
- Architect, design, and develop full stack web applications using the latest web technologies, primarily Python, Django
- Design web architectures keeping architectural guidelines in mind (secure, high-performing, scalable, extensible, flexible, simple)
- Create technical designs based on business requirements
- Execute in a test-driven development environment, writing unit tests and building code to pass unit tests
- Execute in an agile environment using industry standard tools and delivering weekly code releases
- Architect, develop, and test for cross browser, cross platform applications
- Lead, mentor and train junior full stack developers
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience developing great web applications
- Experience in Python using Flask/Django with an ORM like SQLAlchemy
- Proficiency using Bootstrap and jQuery
- Built multiple websites using a framework like ReactJS, AngularJS, KnockoutJS, BackboneJS
- Experience in building responsive websites
- Experience using a CSS preprocessor like LESS or SASS
- Experience developing databases for use with middle tier, working with MySQL, Mongo, Postgres etc.
- Familiar with relational or document database design
- Solid experience working with Git source control
- Strong estimation skills