UI Engineering Manager
GALE helps brands solve complex challenges through our integrated consultancy and agency offering. Headquartered in New York with offices in Toronto, Singapore and Bangalore, our teams are connected by a set of core values that inform everything we do, from how we hire to how we work together: values like Everyone Matters, No Silos, and Masters of Our Craft.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
As a UI Engineering Manager, you are a creative and hands-on architect who is responsible for bringing pixel-perfect user experience and design to life. You will be leading and mentoring a group of smart engineers across projects to deliver high performing web and mobile experiences. You will represent GALE’s expertise and thought leadership in front-end technologies to our clients
What you will do
Estimate, architect, document, setup, develop, test and deliver new projects for cross-browser, cross-platform applications
Conduct code reviews and ensure projects meet all requirements of quality, security, reusability etc.
Provide an oversight to ensure adequate focus on stability, scalability, performance, and quality during design and development decisions across projects
Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers
Oversee the development of a shared UI library used across web and mobile projects and develop a product roadmap
Stay informed with changes in technology and formally present new processes and technologies to the team
Who you are:
- 9+ years of experience in developing web and mobile applications
- 2+ years of experience in leading a small to medium-sized team
- Experience in building pixel-perfect responsive user experience using HTML 5 and CSS3
- Experience with front-end libraries, frameworks, and tools - ReactJS, Redux, React Native, Vue, Webpack, AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery etc.
- Experience using a CSS pre-processor like LESS or SASS
- Experience working with Git source control
- Strong estimation skills
- A solid understanding of accessibility and SEO fundamentals
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing technology landscape and a desire to keep up to date by experimenting with new technologies and frameworks