GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the Role
We're currently seeking a Data Scientist to join our rapidly growing big data team - you will have a passion for working with real world data to deliver products and strategies that have real value. The successful candidate will work with clients and internal stakeholders to define, prototype, and produce custom solutions using state-of-the-art big data platforms, analytics, and machine learning.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or engineering field and have experience with large datasets, the Hadoop ecosystem, statistics/analysis, and client-facing activities. You will be enthusiastic, creative, results focused, and have enough confidence to define, build, and present models in industries ranging from automotive to startup.
Who you are
- 1-3 years experience from a data science, mathematics or engineering discipline
- Experience with SQL on one or more of the following databases Hive, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Fluent with scripting (Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with statistical programming languages/packages (R, Scipy/ Numpy/ Scikitlearn)
- Familiar with Unix/Linux systems and command-line interfaces and editors
- Experience loading, cleansing, and analyzing very large datasets
- Experience with Python web frameworks like Flask or Django a plus
What you will be doing
- Supporting the clients by defining and solving specific business problems with hypothesis tests and bespoke models
- Ingesting, distributing and manipulating large data sets to understand the structure of client data and ready it for modelling
- Leveraging the GALE Data Science team cluster to create models for item or action recommendation, resource optimization, unsupervised learning of customer dynamics, etc.
- Producing prototypes, POCs, or APIs to showcase and make available models and their outcomes
- The opportunity to be mentored and grow your career within a fast moving data science team
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status