GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
GALE is hiring a Communications Manager to oversee our Communications team in Toronto! This role will be focused on managing an interdisciplinary team and elevating GALE’s story and brand awareness through thought leadership pieces, global speaking engagements, internal and external facing content.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in communications/marketing (marketing, communications or advertising agency experience required)
- Proven people management experience with a minimum of 2 direct reports
- Exceptional project management abilities
- A writer with experience in short-form and long-form content development
- Self-motivated & passionate about learning something new every day
- Someone who can bring a strategic lens to social media management
- Detail focused & a grammar nerd
- A clear communicator who can effectively translate complex ideas to a broad audience
- Someone who actively follows ad trade publications (Ad Week, Ad Age, Digiday, Campaign etc.)
What you’ll be doing
- Managing: Overseeing an interdisciplinary team that encompasses design, animation, and copy/communications
- Marketing: Daily management of GALE’s social media accounts and website, writing and overseeing the development of a high volume of content, overseeing the team’s writing, videos, and brand collateral (ie. promotional materials: swag, event signage, and brand style guide development)
- PR: Running events, setting up reporter meetings, producing PR content, identifying strategic speaker opportunities and writing speaker proposals
- Podcasts: Liaising with external agencies, vendors, and marketers to plan, develop, and market original podcast content
- New business: Supporting the Business Development function through asset creation: case studies, brand videos, presentation decks
- GALE brand: Partnering with HR to promote open roles, partnering with Leadership, HR, and operations on global internal communications
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.