GALE helps brands solve complex challenges through our integrated consultancy and agency offering. Headquartered in New York with offices in Toronto, Singapore and Bangalore, our teams are connected by a set of core values that inform everything we do, from how we hire to how we work together: values like Everyone Matters, No Silos, and Masters of Our Craft.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Bangalore team. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy and operate our systems in disparate environments by automating and streamlining our processes. You will have experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud management, Linux systems administration, build and release management, middleware administration, and good scripting skills to automate tasks.
What you will be doing
- Extensively work on AWS infrastructure by provisioning EC2 instances of various OS flavors in VPC
- Provision and manage AWS components like load balancers, Redshift, RDS, CloudFront, firewalls and enforce identity-based policies (IAM policies)
- Setup application stacks such as middleware, Database and web server on various OS flavors
- Provision build and release scripts to automate the promotion process using build/CI tools
- Manage delivery pipelines consisting of tests, code scanning etc., and manage the code promotion through various stages of software development
- Stay up-to-date with the industry best practices for DevOps and deploy the necessary tools to automate processes
Who you are
- You have a minimum of 3+ years of experience working in production environments
- Have background in Linux administration such as Ubuntu, CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Good work experience with AWS cloud components such as EC2, S3, RDS, SES, IAM, and VPC
- Have experience in supporting database environments like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift Orchestration is nice to have
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python or Perl
- Experience in automating system cloud deployment tasks using scripts
- Experience in continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Travis or TeamCity
- Good experience with web servers such as Apache and NGINX
- Development proficiency in Python, Ansible scripting automation or Terraform scripting automation
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Ansible, Chef or Puppet would be good to have
- Should have the ability to adapt to the fast-changing technology landscape and should be excited about experimenting with new technologies