GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
We are seeking an Art Director who is a design thinker, problem solver, and a natural collaborator to join our growing multi-disciplinary team in Toronto. As an Art Director, you will be charged with developing and communicating creative concepts, leading and mentoring designers, and delivering exceptional work through your keen sense of design craft and excellence.
- 5+ years of experience working at a digital and/or integrated agency
- Strong portfolio demonstrating an ability to develop ideas with exceptional design quality through a broad range of digital & traditional channels
- Experience guiding designers, working with strategists, user experience architects, copywriters, and technologists
- Have a thorough understanding of interaction design principles and methodologies
- Mastery of all key design tools and platforms
- Critical eye for detail
- Comprehensive awareness of current and emerging design and technology trends
- Familiarity with Web Accessibility standards and designing for inclusive experiences
What you will be doing
- Contribute directly to client pitches, project development and execution
- Understanding and translating business objectives into creative recommendations
- Mentor and coach members of the design team through performance management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients, partner agencies, and vendors
- Create storyboards, initial design concepts through final deliverables
- Contributing and refining the design process to improve efficiency within the studio
- Contribute to the sharing of ideas and the development of design standards
- Manage multiple projects for yourself and those that you are mentoring
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.