Data Science Intern, Summer 2019
GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
We're currently seeking a Data Science Intern to join our big data team for a summer internship - you will have a passion for working with real world data to deliver products and strategies that have real value. The ideal candidate will be working towards the completion of their Undergrad or Masters degrees with a background in a quantitative or engineering field and have experience with large datasets. You will be enthusiastic, curious, creative, results focused, and have enough confidence to define, build, and present models in industries ranging from automotive to startup.
- Currently a 3rd or 4th year student enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a quantitative field: Mathematics, Engineering or Economics or Analytics
- Experience with SQL on one or more of the following databases Hive, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel
- Experience loading, cleansing, and analyzing large datasets
- Experience with Python web frameworks like Flask or Django a plus
- Nice to have: knowledge and experience using Git
What you will be doing
- Generating adhoc reports by modifying existing SQL queries and/or scripting new queries
- Standardizing existing SQL scripts to ensure reusability
- Cleaning up, commenting and documenting new requests and existing scripts
- Supporting the clients by defining and solving specific business problems with hypothesis tests and bespoke models
- The opportunity to be mentored and grow your career within a fast moving data science team
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status