GALE is a business agency that brings together an equal balance of business consulting expertise & agency creativity to solve the world’s most complex marketing challenges. We operate without silos to deliver innovative business strategy, data insights, and transformative creative work. We work best with brands that are looking to solve tomorrow’s problems, today. GALE is a global company with offices located in New York, Toronto, Singapore and Bengaluru.
If you’re driven by a passion to build something great, a desire to innovate, and a commitment to achieve excellence in your craft, GALE is a great place for you.
About the role
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll work collaboratively with software engineers to deploy systems in disparate environments by automating and streamlining processes.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of AWS cloud management, Linux/Windows systems administration, build and release management, middleware administration, and excellent scripting skills to automate tasks. You will have an active ownership around process definition and implementation of all developer operations including infrastructure automation with the usage of leading technologies.
What you will do be doing
- Work extensively on AWS infrastructure by provisioning EC2 instances of various OS flavours in VPC
- Manage AWS components like load balancers, CloudFront, firewalls, and enforcing IAM policies
- Set up application stacks – middleware, Database and web server on various OS flavors
- Provision build and release scripts to automate the promotion process using build tools, manage the code promotion through various stages of software development
- Stay up to date with the industry best DevOps practices and deploy the needed tools to automate processes
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a production environment
- Strong background in Linux administration (Ubuntu, Centos, or, RHEL)
- Experience working with AWS cloud components (EC2, S3, RDS, SES, IAM, VPC)
- Experience supporting DB environments like PostgreSQL, MySQL, and non-SQL databases like mongo db
- Experience in a scripting language (Bash, Python, or, Perl) and experience in automating system/cloud deployment tasks using scripts
- Experience with a continuous integration tool such as Jenkins, Camel or TeamCity
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Puppet/ Chef or Salt
- Experience with a monitoring tool like Nagios/ Cacti
- Experience with a web server like apache/ NGINX and experience with a middleware product like Tomcat/ JBoss
- Experience with windows administration, PowerShell scripting experience is a plus
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing technology landscape and excited about constantly keeping up to date by experimenting with new technologies
GALE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status